To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic-2nd Shift
OSI Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
• Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
• Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
• Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
• Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
• Perform preventive maintenance on the ammonia refrigeration system
• Operate Plant Refrigeration System and Wastewater Facilities
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Keep area clean
• 1 year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
• 3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery
• Experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
• Previous experience in food manufacturing required
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.