To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic-2nd Shift
OSI Group • Chicago, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
• Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
• Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
• Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
• Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
• Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
• Perform preventive maintenance on the ammonia refrigeration system
• Operate Plant Refrigeration System and Wastewater Facilities
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Keep area clean
• 1 year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
• 3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery
• Experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
• Previous experience in food manufacturing required
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.