Apex Systems is looking for Analytical Chemists for our Pharmaceutical client in Boulder, CO. These role are open ended contract, with the possibility to convert to a full-time employee of our client. These specific openings are for 3rd shift operating along with the manufacturing schedule (2-2-3). This will include 12 hour shifts typically running from 6pm – 6am. This is the intermediate level technical professional within the R&D Team. Performs analytical tasks accurately and efficiently without supervision, to qualify standards, support the stability program and support on-going development projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position supports a 24/7 manufacturing schedule. The incumbent must be willing to work weekends and nights
- Run routine and non-routine tests on a variety of samples.
- Test special request samples from plants, tech center or process chemists.
- Perform equipment calibration, titrant standardization and standard characterization/qualification as required.
- Identify and correct problems with instruments in QC lab.
- Identify and communicate problems and solutions related to process, procedure and materials to the customer.
- Researches and takes corrective action on anomalous test results.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of lab by following safety, regulatory and chemical hygiene policies including GMPs.
- Perform daily record keeping on SAP and LIMS, enter status changes for materials, initiate incident reports and issue approval-for-use tags.
- Responsible for properly managing the generation and accumulation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Attend and participate in R&D and Cross Functional team meetings. Develop team skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry with at least 1 year experience performing analytical testing in a lab
- Ability to interpret information obtained from analytical testing techniques such as FTIR, HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV, and Titrations and conduct out-of-specification investigations when required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Product Quality Assurance
Laboratory Information Management Systems
Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
High Performance Liquid Chromatography