About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a [ Link removed ] company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information can be found at [ Link removed ] .
PST is currently seeking a Production Manager. This position will be based out of the PST facility located in Orangeburg, NY. This position reports into Operations and will have direct responsibility for a range of manufacturing activities within the assigned production areas of the Plant.
The incumbent of this key role will be empowered to ensure that business objectives in the key areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Productivity and Talent Development are met. The right candidate will have the ability to drive improvement, motivate employees and be able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
The Production Manager will be responsible for leading the daily operations to ensure business objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner. Daily activities include overseeing the coordination of production needs and ensuring continues communication to meet objectives timely. Oversight of training of production employees, process improvement, maintenance of production equipment, managing costs, quality, and compliance to the established company standards.
Be a champion for a safe workplace
- Target zero lost time & recordable accidents.
- Ensure 100% attendance at all scheduled safety meetings.
- Follow through on all Safety Near Miss ideas and initiatives.
- Ensure follow through on all safety audit observations to prevent reoccurrences.
Create and monitor daily efficient flow of material through the department by utilization of manpower and equipment in the department.
- Maintain production schedules to maximize productivity and customer service.
- Ensure operational discipline in use of visual tools.
- Creates and updates production related metrics (Safety, OTD, OEE, Quality, Cost, etc.)
- Schedule work orders for Manufacturing, considering all products, available resources (material and capacity), and the various demand-sources. Create, control and close work orders.
- Order raw materials and components
- Optimize inventory levels of raw material, components, and semi-finished goods to minimize Working Capital while maximizing customer service.
- Anticipate problems and proactively communicate across various departments to solution. Report on production progress, delays and causes. Initiate actions to correct deviations from planning, taking the necessary escalation steps.
Responsible for direct supervision and development of non-exempt staff and for the successful performance of the team with regard to business metrics.
- Provide leadership and direction for day-to-day operations of the department employees to meet demand.
- Coach/mentor/develop non-exempt team members to encourage and support a high-performance work culture.
- Focusing on the development of high potential employees and address nonperforming employees when warranted
- Promote positive recognition to drive employee engagement
- Ensure team is trained and focused on departmental processes to perform job functions in accordance with all requirements of Praxair Safety and Quality systems. Monitor and drive timely training documentation.
- Deliver communications to non-exempt team members, across all shifts, to ensure the team’s achievement of Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Talent objectives.
- Drive and facilitate continuous improvement of the operations.
Conduct quality inspections and carry out reaction plans as needed to resolve issues.
Lead in developing corrective and preventive actions, root cause analysis and follow-through as well as any other type of activities to correct or improve product or process quality. Monitor implementation and effectiveness.
Generate ideas and implement productivity projects that contribute to plant wide cost reduction goals.
Support 5S and Lean Projects and continuously identify ways to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
Implement Kaizen ideas for Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost.
Provide recommendations to the Plant Manager for capital investments to maintain or improve the quality of the production process.
Responsible for ongoing evolution and adherence to department TPM program.
Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of production supplies, monitor inventory levels.
Foster relationships with internal customers (CSD, Planners and Operations Departments, Engineering, Procurement, QA, Finance, HR, IT, etc.) to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with Operations issues.
- Bachelor’s degree, will consider prior work experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of degree.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Strong problem solving, effective communication and organizational skills to be successful in this role
- Comfortable using common software packages, word, excel, etc.
- Flexible schedule to support production needs
- BS degree in engineering or operations management
- 5 or more years’ experience in manufacturing leadership
- Six Sigma Certification
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees’ and their families’ wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Salary and job level commensurate with experience
- Business Planning
- Business Process Improvement
- Close Work Orders
- Coaching And Mentoring