508 Test Engineer:
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a 508 Accessibility Test Engineer in the Windsor Mill, MD area. The ideal candidate will have experience in analyzing system requirements or feature/user story acceptance criteria, as well as concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Provides specialized Test and Evaluation capabilities tailored to system functions, level, maturity, and performance areas. Develops, manages and executes automated test scripts in an agile environment.
**Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance suitability!**
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for software/applications to be delivered to the customer.
• Performing compliance testing/remediation, including but not limited to adherence to WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
• Reporting (verbally and written) on accessibility test defects and application compliance scores.
• Use of automated/manual testing tools, including but not limited to: JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook & Microsoft Office.
• Take active role in defining and executing Test Plans by writing test objects and detailed test plan descriptions.
• Plan and perform test assignments involving definition of test and verification requirements, feature and user story acceptance criteria, plans and sequences relative to complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
• Support a test program which includes establishing test methods and techniques, developing test plans, developing test requirements, writing test procedures and reports, and conducting tests, including equivalent documentation for agile projects.
• Participate in test readiness reviews, participate in design reviews, and conduct audits of test programs and facilities.
• Utilize knowledge of precedents in test engineering and apply understanding of principles of related engineering and software technology to ensure test validity and integrity.
• Assist in developing, managing and execution of automated test scripts, and analyze test results in a DevOps environment.
• Conduct tests, which include collaborating with others in establishing language, database, and computer simulation requirements and configuration management techniques.
• Develop and maintain test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
• Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what can be done.
• Perform real-time system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, applications, systems and key processes.
• Provide on-call support for any application test related activities.
• Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for manual and automated testing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science with 3+ years of progressive experience in a test engineering role within information technology or Master’s Degree in relevant field with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience with end-to-end system verification and validation (V&V).
• Experience with requirements development, management and architectures.
• Experience in conducting security testing.
• Experience in developing operational procedures.
• Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes.
• Experience with performing verification and functional performance testing, preferably in an agile-focused DevOps environment using manual and automated test methods and tools (e.g., Selenium).
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development and testing methodology.
• Extensive knowledge and experience WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development