As a Tax Supervisor within our International Tax group you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts; your technical & quality Expertise, and delivering excellent client service:
- Prepare complex tax returns – approximately 40-60% of your time
- Demonstrate solid understanding of tax codes, regulations, rulings and case law
- Provide detail review and training staff – approximately 20- 40% of your time
- Dedicates time to coaching others in tax software, business process, research skills, technical expertise, planning and project management skills while engaging and motivating team members and providing timely feedback – approximately 10-20% of your time
- Responsible for client work being performed on time and within appropriate scope of services and budget
- Stays alert to client needs that may result in growth opportunities for the firm and communicates to client service coordinator
**All percentages may vary based on location, line of business, and client need**
- BA/BS Degree – preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Public Accounting
- Comprehensive understanding of tax law/rules and implications
- Experience preparing and reviewing returns (S-Corps, C-Corps or Partnerships) and researching tax issues
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed, some to require overnight accommodations
- CPA, JD or LL.M.
- Experience with International Tax compliance including, but not limited to forms 5471, 5472 8865, 8858 and 1118
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.