Job Title: Cost Engineers
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Type of Role: Contract / Temp to Hire
The Global Edge is an award-winning recruitment agency connecting projects worldwide with the industry’s most talented project professionals. Our team is currently looking for 2 Cost Engineers in Ridgecrest, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Analyzing and estimating extensive architectural/engineering alterations and modifications to existing facilities and new facilities.
- Analysis of designs. drawings, proposals, scopes of work, and/or specifications to determine cost projections: and developing comprehension budget cost estimates for complex construction assemblies and building systems composites for all facility project types, ranging from multi- family housing facilities to very complex industrial and operational facilities.
- Development of detailed cost estimates for project under construction either Design- Build or Design-Bid-Build.
- Knowledge of construction task-based scheduling. productivity rates, and development of crews and task durations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost estimates, scheduling. and other required services in applying risk analysis concepts and their application cost and schedule risk analysis.
- Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance and reviews of complex cost estimates
- Experience with the use of Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, cost engineering software and other systems and software used by the program.
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM), specifically Revit is desirable.
- Professional knowledge of cost engineering concepts, theories, principles, practices, and techniques necessary to plan, design, construct maintain a wide range of shore based engineering projects.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years' experience working with Cost Estimating on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued in excess of $5O million.
A minimum of five (5) years of experience using Costworks and Success Estimator as well as Mil (Microcomputer Aided Cost Estimating System Second Generation) cost estimating software. Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) desired.
- This job operates onsite
- Job is performed in an industrial and operational facilities
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations
- The role routinely uses standard office equipment
- Person must be able to obtain a CAC CARD
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultants, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Construction Management
- Call/Connection Admission Control