To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77060
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CDL A Local Driver / Home Nightly - North Houston, TX
Oldcastle APG • Houston, TX
Posted 3 days ago
Job ID: 147030
Jewell, a CRH company, is a division of the Oldcastle APG Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Transport construction material to the job site in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise the loading of trucks to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to the job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as DOT drivers' daily logs, fuel receipts, delivery documentation, and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Build and maintain good customer relationships
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Provide and document proper routine maintenance of assigned truck and loading/unloading equipment
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Develop very good knowledge of inventory, sizes, types, colors, and pallet package
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned product quality, customer satisfaction, and traffic
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Experience with Moffett
- CDL A required
- Must have at least 3 years of experience
- Detailed oriented and good communication skills a plus
- Must be at least 24 years of age
- Must have a clean driving record
- Forklift certified a plus
- Bi-lingual is a plus
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Jewell, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.