You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Sr Full Stack Software Engineer - OptumServe - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Join Optum Serve as a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer where you will build mission-critical service-oriented applications. Optum Serve helps federal agencies and communities across the nation tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care. We help our clients and the communities they serve prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and long-term public health challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs applications and components that meet all technical specifications and business requirements per assigned work items.
- This position is approximately 70% front end and 30% backend
- Work closely with lead engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts on developing requirements and may assist with estimating
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Operational Excellence - build, deploy, monitor, and operation of production services
- Mentor other software engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related field or 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle of software development projects in an Agile environment
- Software Development experience with .NET Core
- Software Development experience with Angular
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web applications and RESTful web services
- Experience building cloud-native applications in Azure or similar cloud service provider
- Experience with SOLID Principles in Object Oriented Design
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other similar relational database management system
- Experience with application containerization, deployment, and orchestration across environments
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation
- United States Citizen
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Full Stack Software Engineer - OptumServe - Remote
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot applications running within Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure and automated provisioning & configuration management
- Basic understanding of networking and internet protocols
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines
- Familiarity with GitOps principals (and tools like Flux or Argo CD)
- Knowledge of Encryption, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), understanding of OWASP
- Familiarity with LeSS / Large Scale SCRUM
- National Career Readiness Certificate
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2155328
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.