The Customer Relations Associate I (CRA I) works in our Customer Relations Department providing customer service and collections to our customers. Our goal is to wow each customer whether they are calling about their mortgage loan or we are calling them about resolving their delinquency with a positive and memorable interaction. We work to ensure that the customer is engaged and informed on all their mortgage needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide stellar customer service by handling an average of 100 or more inbound and outbound calls per day.
- Negotiate with customers per investor, company and regulatory guidelines to resolve their mortgage loan delinquencies.
- Record all customer call dispositions and call notes using servicing and collection systems per department guidelines.
- Updating customer contact information, collect one-time and recurring payments, and set-up plans to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Send correspondence through e-fax and open skip trace requests.
- Schedule appointments for customers and their single point of contact (SPOC) representatives in the company.
- Set-up payment arrangements, order payoff requests, and work in a structured and proactive manner to meet individual and department goals.
- Professionally handle escalated customer concerns while following industry best practices.
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly and accurately answer a customer questions regarding a variety of topics including: state-specific HUD information, loan information, Bayview’s early assistance process, website questions, service transfers, and more.
- Successfully meet monthly performance metrics and production goals on an ongoing and consistent basis.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Customer service and/or collection experience
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment due to regulatory, compliance, and/or business rule changes.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully within a structured, call center environment
- Ability work a potentially varying schedule including some holidays and weekends and based on business needs and performance metrics.
- Successfully complete and pass all CRA I classroom training and assessments.
- Flexibility to work within the operating hours of the location
- Ability to be a self-starter, self-motivated, and be self-driven to achieve desired performance metrics, while providing a positive, and memorable interaction with each point of contact.
- Ability to work across multiple servicing and collection platforms (experience with MSP preferred),
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office experience preferred).
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred
- Experience working in a team environment
- High volume contact center environment
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
No requirements or preferences.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.