To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Engle Martin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Engle Martin & Associates • Dallas, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant carries out a variety of clerical, administrative and related support tasks critical to the delivery of timely, accurate, and thorough adjusting services. The incumbent is often responsible for confidential and time-sensitive information and must demonstrate familiarity with the organization's field activities and related adjuster and client needs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists adjusters with tracking status of pending claims as needed.
- Maintains documents in the Riskmaster system; Opens and closes files in Riskmaster and prepares files for storage, in keeping with established processes and procedures.
- Assists in compiling and preparing financial information for claims; uses Excel spreadsheet software and industry software and forms as applicable for such tasks as loss statements, depreciation schedules, income loss summaries, and trade analyses.
- Enters data in Daily Time and Expense system for adjusters as needed.
- Serves as office receptionist as required, greeting and directing clients and visitors; answers telephones, greets callers, transfers calls, and responds to inquiries; provides information to callers within scope of understanding and responsibility.
- Schedules appointments as necessary or assigned. May organize, schedule, and facilitate meetings and presentations using Skype and other internet technology to support these activities.
- Utilizes stored templates for electronic and hard-copy business memos, reports and correspondences. Proofreads documents for accuracy. Prepares and files electronic and hard-copy documents, using various software applications as required.
- Posts mail for standard and expedited delivery; routes incoming mail to appropriate recipient and safeguards confidentiality of mail as necessary.
- May serve as liaison with office's building manager or plant operations resource to assure timely and reasonable response to routine maintenance matters.
- Makes travel arrangements in accordance with EMA policies and procedures.
- Prepares and submits company invoices.
- Communicates with IT representatives to identify and help resolve technical support issues, including, but not limited to, telephone system and network connections.
- Maintains office files and records and accesses documents on behalf of adjusters, manager(s), and clients as necessary and in accordance with disclosure and confidentiality requirements.
- Maintains the necessary office supplies and refreshments and re-orders supplies in a timely manner; keeps office and kitchen or break-room supplies well-organized and readily accessible; suggests improvements to inventory process and vendor pricing and relationships as indicated.
- Conducts new employee orientation. Ensures that new hire paperwork is completed and turned in to the Human Resources department.
- Effectively handles multiple assignments and special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates thorough skill set in, or demonstrates ability to quickly master, a variety of office software, including MicroSoft Office Suite (including, but not necessarily limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, SharePoint, and Access), internet communication tools, Adobe, Riskmaster, DT& E, and BOX.com.
- Skilled in use of internet for business research purposes; excellent keyboarding skills (including speed and accuracy); sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports.
- Integrity, accountability and adherence to standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct, open and honest communication, and a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.