Tenessee Rand, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a full service automation integrator. We provide engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
Area: Detroit/Great Lake region
Purpose: To generate, sale and maintain new and existing business in assigned territory in the automation industry.
- Associates degree in engineering, management, manufacturing, or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in, or doing business with, equipment and tool build environment
- Capable of providing problem solving guidance to customers
- Customer relationship skills
- Organizational skills
- Communications skills
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Extensive travel is required.
- The Account Manager should function as the Tennessee Rand primary representative for assigned accounts.
- The focus of this role will be to establish, support, and maintain relationships with key customers, at all levels of their business, resulting in growth in business, share growth within targeted customers, and overall customer satisfaction.
Customer Satisfaction, Growing Relationships, Building Partnerships
- Distribute and follow up on Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Increase sales and share with assigned customers through exceptional service and performance.
- Develop relationships with all levels within assigned customers to ensure communication, trust, and satisfaction.
Forecasting Sales, Forecasting Accuracy
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly sales forecasts.
- Develop a sales plan and execute that plan (sales revenue and EBITDA)
Brainstorm with Customers
- Develop more efficient methods of processing existing work (layout, hardware, etc.).
- Develop opportunities to quote new processes and applications (resistance welding, material handling, laser welding, service offerings, etc.).
- Work with the customers on part design, manufacturability, plant layout, component staging, part flow, etc.
Lead Resolution of Customer Issues
- Step up to resolve issues quickly and correctly.
- Ensure that the customer knows that we will resolve the issue.
- Ensure that issues do not drag out and create larger issues.
- Communicate with the Operations Team to provide visibility of the issue and to bring the issue to a close.
Develop Sales Strategy for Assigned Customers
- Understand the customers business and key needs.
- Develop a long term strategy to increase share within assigned customers by anticipating their needs.
- Develop a plan to ensure that Tennessee Rand is prepared to meet the future needs and applications of customers better than the competition.
- Develop relationships within corporate headquarters, plants, and divisions related to Tennessee Rand customers.
Understand Competitors at Each Customer and How Tennessee Rand Compares
- What are the competitor’s strengths and weaknesses?
- What areas do the competitors work in that Tennessee Rand does not?
- What market share does each competitor have in the assigned customers, compared to Tennessee Rand?
Develop Budgetary Quotes and Concepts with Assistance from the Applications Group
- Complete Tennessee Rand RFQ forms with customer & provide to Applications Group for quotation.
- Generate budgetary quotations as needed for Applications Group.
- Follow up on status of all recent and active quotations.
Help Develop Strategic Targets
- Assess market opportunities.
- Select market and customer targets that are a best fit for Tennessee Rand.
- Help attack targeted customers and markets.
- Respond to and investigate request for quotes and information from new customers.
- Active participation in the setup and facilitation of Tennessee Rand involvement in industry trade shows.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee operates in an office environment with little to no noise.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Tennessee Rand, Inc. (US77)
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need