Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.Summary:
Examples of Work:
- This position is responsible for independently performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to 3GPP Standards and Network Operator (Verizon Wireless, Sprint, etc.) Specific Test Plans.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Conduct on-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standards and test plans. To do this, the Engineer must:
oRead and determine applicability of test cases for the EUT (Equipment Under Test);
oRead and understand EUT documentation and testing instructions;
oPerform testing of products in accordance with standards and test plans;
oPerform troubleshooting and debugging with clients
- Perform validation of new standards and test plans under the guidance of more senior engineer(s).
- Compile test results during testing.
- Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment
- Perform other work as required
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Prior project management experience is a plus
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Prior wireless experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physics
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate (generally less than 10%)
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance, and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.