Job Summary: Responsible for the management of the Loss Prevention/Safety Program for an assigned Navy Exchange District.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides staff assistance to District and Exchange management for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating loss prevention programs which include; safety, physical security, and operational review functions. Recommends and implements modifications to programs, procedures, standards, and techniques on all matters involving loss prevention, asset protection and safety to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee and manage all internal and external theft investigations, suspected unethical conduct, accidents, workplace violence, fraud, waste or abuse to ensure that activities are conducted within the framework of established departmental investigative policies and protocols. This includes oversight on overnight surveillance activities, covert camera installations, investigations, and the interviewing of all dishonest associates, vendors and contractors. Prepares and ensures that results of all investigations are documented professionally in reports according to departmental standards.
- Works as a Collateral Duty Safety Manager and oversees the Safety Program providing a safe and secure working and shopping environment for all associates and patrons. Administers the Navy Occupational Safety and Health and Fire Prevention Program to ensure adherence with the safety provisions of applicable Department of Navy codes and standards. Will ensure safety training, awareness programs, safety committees, and accident prevention programs are implemented in all stores within an assigned district.
- Hire, train, develop, mentor, coach, and supervise loss prevention / safety managers and supervisors and ensure these individuals are adhering to established loss prevention/safety policies and procedures as outlined in the loss prevention/safety manual.
- Ensure that Loss Prevention / Safety staff actively execute and participate in required Loss Prevention and Safety Programs.
- Ensures operational reviews are conducted monthly at each location. Conduct and ensure operational audits are completed as required for cash offices, vending, safety and other areas as assigned. Works closely with District Vice Presidents to gain compliance to these requirements.
- Works with store and district operations to develop and establish shrink committees and shrink action plans to identify causes of inventory shrink and execute appropriate internal control measures within an assigned district.
- Manage and oversee the physical security programs (CCTV, EAS, Alarms, and key control systems) for all stores within an assigned district to ensure strict enforcement of these programs.
- Personally participate and ensure that assigned loss prevention / safety staff actively participate and assist in fiscal year end store inventories to include; inventory preparation, taking, and the reconciliation process and report any irregularities to the District Vice President, General/Store Manager or corporate as warranted
- Possess a thorough understanding and ability to train on web-based case management reporting systems and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety team within the assigned district is utilizing this software effectively as required.
- Possess a thorough understanding and ability to train on all POS exception based reporting tools and ensure the Loss Prevention / Safety team within the assigned district are properly trained and are utilizing this software effectively in detecting, investigating, and resolving problems.
- Actively participate in personal and professional development of loss prevention/safety associates as assigned by the Director, Loss Prevention/Safety (CONUS/OCONUS). These include in-store/corporate training, industry standard professional training and collegiate courses in retail, business, safety, and loss prevention.
- Develop and ensure strong relationships, partnerships, and communication skills at all levels of the organization to include Corporate, District, Store Operations, as well as other Loss Prevention/Safety Industry professionals.
- Develops strong relationships with command, federal, and local law enforcement officials, U.S. Attorney, SJA and local prosecutors for those geographic areas within the assigned district.
- Works under general supervision of the Director, Loss Prevention/Safety (OCONUS/CONUS). Support other loss prevention /safety initiatives as assigned by the Vice President, Loss Prevention/Safety and/or Director. Work is performed independently within the framework of Loss Prevention /Safety Program mission, vision, objectives, policies and procedures. Work is reviewed and evaluated for regulatory and procedural compliance and in terms of overall efficiency in providing security for the Navy Exchange and protection of its assets.
- Requires Secret (S) Security Clearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.Qualifications
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years general experience which was gained in administrative, investigative, or loss prevention fields which enabled the applicant to gain skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships; and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: 1 year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 5 years of progressive experience in retail loss prevention which provides analytic, planning, advisory, operational or evaluative work in security/investigations, internal review and control techniques, reducing and controlling inventory shrink.Job:
Full-Time (35 + hours)Unposting Date:
- Case Management
- Coaching And Mentoring