Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Serving our community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for our patients, community, and employee’s alike. We’ve earned top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, providing the highest quality level of care.
Reporting to the Regional Director Perioperative/OR Services, the Sr. Analyst plays a key role in business planning activities, operational and organizational initiatives, financial and regulatory management, project management, quality improvement initiatives, that aligns with strategic and business priorities for Perioperative services. This role will also manage the supply chain and vendor management function.
• Responsible for new business plan development and ongoing analysis and interpretation of program data and identifying service related issues as required, providing detailed reports with cost analysis. Coordinates and leads planning sessions to develop the future goals and objectives
• Consults with architects, engineers and other stakeholders on Facilities Planning & Design including planning for new physical facilities, purchasing of new equipment, and maintenance, renovation or expansion of physical plant
• Identify clinical and business workflow requirements for providers and support staff with the design and implementation of data/clinical systems.
• Responsible and accountable for business matters (Budget, MAP initiatives, cost savings, departmental fiscal responsibility) required for the efficient operation and management of the department including finance, information technology, process improvement and regulatory oversight.
• Manages quality improvement initiatives, information systems, business planning and capital budget preparation.
• Initiates and manages new projects that support key department initiatives that support efficiency and effectiveness of patient care delivery, revenue generation, and LEAN/Standard work
• Responsible for all financial planning changes, financial feasibility of projects, and budget for the department
• Analyzes various reports for the impact of the actual and/or proposed operational changes in meeting Hartford Healthcare, Hospital and division initiatives/goals.
• Creates, analyzes and presents monthly statistics, including physician and Perioperative dashboards /scorecards
• Oversee capital budget, investigating statistics to support equipment requests and monitor all contracts within the service line to be sure that the appropriate budgets are forecasted
• Responsible for all regulatory requirements including current regulations, team education, and documentation including development, implementation and monitoring of any action plans as required.
• Responsible for managing the supply management and physician/vendor management team for perioperative services.
• Collaborates with department leadership on ensuring the effective operation of the Department’s purchasing activities.
• Develop inventory management processes to minimize waste and lost revenue.
• Collaborate with physician/vendor management team to ensure products are vetted through CQVA process to evaluate cost and clinical need
• Ensure vendors are complaint with HHC Standards, holding individuals accountable for timely delivery of services.
• Responsible for Quality Improvement
• Collaborates on initiatives/projects improving the quality and efficiency of patient flow, operational and financial processes.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainability of management goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Collaborate with perioperative team to present quality indicators related to OR efficiencies and system level benchmarks
• Support cost savings initiatives in collaboration with perioperative team with work on MAP Initiatives and overall
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
• Healthcare-related finance background / relevant experience preferred
• One (1) year of experience in a Perioperative environment preferred
• Experience leading team/function
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Cost Benefit Analysis