Role: Developer, C/C+++/Python – Secret Cleared
Location: Baltimore, MD and vicinity
Client: International Technical Professional Services Company
Group: Government Support
Salary Range: $125-135k
Length: 6month to perm
Environment: Linux, Asterisk, MySQL, ESXi, VMWare, Cloud, Cisco, ASA Firewalls, C++, Python
Team Size: 8-12, Matrixed
Secret cleared developer needed to assist with creating and implementing development solutions using c,c++, and python on virtualized linux servers.
- Design, implement, and maintain custom modules and configure standard modules for Asterisk based call processing and custom command and control interfaces.
- Design, implement and maintain new applications, and scripts to support, enhance and extend communication services
- Design, implement and maintain database schema for call processing nodes that integrate with a proprietary call center
- Enhance and maintain existing code and participate in design reviews and code reviews with other team members.
- Develop rigorous testing methodologies and focus to reduce/eliminate QA bugs and production bugs.
- Investigate operational issues in our services platform; assess the performance of service components to keep capacity ahead of demand. Participate in new feature rollouts across the network, usually during low usage hours.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret (and up to a FS Poly Clearance)
- Communications based experience, using sockets-based (or equivalent) communications. [2 year]
- Knowledge of the Linux environment, including the command line, shell, and general program development and debugging techniques
- Open Source Communications Platforms (Asterisk, Kamailio)
- Closed Source Communications Platform (CISCO)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Networking Switches, Routers, Firewalls, IDSs and Security Appliances
- Knowledge of build tools and source maintenance: yum, svn
- Knowledge of packet tracing tools: wireshark. tcpdump, etc.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)