The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of VINCI, Flatiron, and Dragados USA has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project – the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
As the Electrical and System Field Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will follow the construction, testing & commissioning done by the discipline contractors and the construction teams to ensure compliance with operational requirements of the project.
- Follow up of the construction works,
- Follow up of the Testing & commissioning works
- Approval and participation of the quality plan for the construction and T&C checks
- Manage daily activities deliverables and costs associated within department
- Utilization of key performance indicators to follow-up of work progress.
- Management and follow-up of Subcontractor work and construction / commissioning work reporting to the head management,
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five years of professional experience on follow up and quality inspection for the Electrical and system discipline,
- Experience in Installation, testing & commissioning of SCADA systems, CCTV, ITS Network, Radio telecommunication, Toll systems, Road and Tunnels system;
- Manage daily activities and costs associated within department
- Problem solving and providing clear, supported and concise recommendation to management
- Willing to work frequent nights or a weekend work schedule.
- Experience in quality checks for construction, testing & commissioning work,
- Strong Leadership skills, able to manage team.
- Organizational and planning skills; Reporting skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Complex Problem Solving
- Construction Management