Our client, a full-service investment and asset management firm is seeking a qualified individual for a Property Accountant
position. This individual will be responsible to support various aspects of the financial cycle required by the Property Operations and Accounting Department. This position will manage accounting matters of third-party property management companies such as reviewing monthly property financials, maintaining internal control policy, and assisting with the annual audit. This position will be based in the Los Angeles office and will report directly to the Director of Accounting. About the company and opportunity:
- The company is well-established and has completed $2.1 billion of property acquisitions since being founded in 2008
- The highly visible role, the opportunity for growth
- The company has a high sense of community and values teamwork
- Work life-balance NO overtime
- Flexible time off/Unlimited PTO
Overview of the Property Accountant role:
- Maintain internal control policies relating to accounting matters.
- Review and maintain supporting schedules for property balance sheets.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review monthly financial reporting for multiple properties.
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial transactions and reporting.
- Monitor monthly distributions.
Preferred Qualification for the Property Accountant:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in property management accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Previous experience with Yardi, MRI or other property management accounting systems preferred.
- Affordable housing background is a plus.
For immediate consideration please submit resume to: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Property Accountant
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Internal Controls
- Balance Sheet
- Microsoft Excel
- Accounting Systems