Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
We’re bringing the magic of Macy’s to the exciting world of foodservice and changing the way our customers experience shopping. From full-service restaurants to fast-casual options we pride ourselves on giving our customers a chance to relax, refuel, and enjoy. The secret ingredient to our success is our team of skilled culinary workers who are passionate about food. We offer great job opportunities in restaurant management, culinary arts, food sales, and in-store Starbucks locations. Every role is different, so you’re sure to find something delicious!
The Kitchen Supervisor supports the Restaurant Manager and/or Executive Chef in providing food products and maintaining a safe, efficient, professional, sanitary, and profitable kitchen operation.
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Provide leadership and direct associates in providing food products
- Assist in providing culinary and food production training on an on-going basis
- Assist in managing kitchen and food cost expenses
- Ensure team prepares and presents products following Food Division standards
- Follows Macy’s merchandising, product presentations and signing standards
- Monitor food quality by completing A.M. and P.M. Line Checks
- Support a strong working relationship with store management
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and satisfaction
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance and communications
- Meet highest standards of workplace safety, sanitation, and equipment care as set by Health Department and company policy
- Complete kitchen scheduling and weekly payroll to maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and customer satisfaction
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items
- Assist in ordering and receiving food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices
- Assume responsibilities of Restaurant Manager in the absence of the Restaurant Manager and/or Executive Chef
- Responsible for food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained
- Assist with the coordination and execution of special events
- Perform other duties as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
- Position may require working in a warm kitchen environment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Kitchen Supervisor - Walnut Room Restaurant, State Street - Part Time here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Kitchen Supervisor - Walnut Room Restaurant, State Street - Part Time here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company’s obligations under [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Kitchen Supervisor - Walnut Room Restaurant, State Street - Part Time here.