Location - Lake SHore District, NYOverview
A Line Mechanic is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply the fundamentals of electricity and are sensitive to the hazards involved in this discipline. They ensure the safety and reliability of the overhead electric system. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform the operation, maintenance, and construction of the overhead electric system. They work closely with others in a team environment including interaction with employees, customers, agencies, and trade allies in the performance of their duties.
1. Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with the operation, maintenance and construction of the overhead electric system.
2. Must have had at least three years’ experience in overhead electric construction and maintenance and/or have completed a formal training program in overhead electric construction and maintenance and/or the ability to demonstrate these skills on an appropriate test.
3. Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to the overhead electric system and perform the work to correct these problems.
4. Safely and effectively perform operation, maintenance and construction of the underground system as equipped.
Skills and Requirements
MUST BE 2ND CLASS AT A MINIMUM
General Requirements (addition may apply, do not apply to all positions):
In addition to possessing the specific qualifications for each job, each employee should demonstrate the ability to meet these general requirements, which include:
1. Have a satisfactory work record.
2. Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
3. Pass job tests, obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
4. Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
5. Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency situations as able.
6. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
7. Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
8. Represent the Company in a professional manner.
9. Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
10. An Associate’s Degree is a pre-requisite for the following positions:
a. Relay Technician d. Substation Electrician
b. Chief Relay Technician e. Chief Substation Electrician
c. Service Technician
11. A completion certificate from an appropriate technical college, union training program, or military technical training school or equivalent is a pre-requisite for the following positions:
a. Welder d. Construction Technician b. Fleet Technician e. Metal Technician. Electrician
12. Must have a valid driver’s license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job.
13. Employees already employed as of May 31, 2013 are exempt from items (10) and (11) when posting for or transferring to 81 another position, provided they have demonstrated previous experience within that specific discipline or department.
14. Employees listed in items (10) and (11) are exempt from the requirements in items (10) and (11) in their current position as of May 31, 2013.
15. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at Phone number blocked - click to apply or Email blocked - click to apply
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)