JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
• Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems.
• Conducts investigations of considerable complexity.
• Provides technical consultation to other organizations or customers.
• Directs interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews, and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
• Plans, conducts, and technically directs projects or major phases of significant projects requiring the expert application of advanced knowledge.
• Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application and analysis to management.
• Represents the Company as technical advisor in high-level meetings and briefings with Company and customer personnel.
• Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
• Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
• Acts and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource on the most complex engineering problems.
• Maintains technical project responsibility for assigned tasks and advises management of progress in support of the technical and administrative direction of project operations.
• Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
• Develops, interprets, and implements technical and administrative operating policies and procedures.
• Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION Subsystems Engineering support primarily working with the VC-25B team to develop Test Plan, Provision, Execute and Reporting on Identification of sub systems, primarily APU and ECS. Additional duties will include helping the VC-25B team to facilitate test/safety planning and execution of avionics and flight sciences test efforts. The position will be located at Edwards AFB within the 418th until approximately Jan 2021 when the position will need to relocate to the VC-25B Operating Location (OL) in San Antonio TX. A high TDY rate may be required. Required to have a Top Secret clearance and clearable to Yankee White with a FAA stage 3 medical clearance for on-aircraft test execution. Additional requirements include, a positive attitude, proactive and able to work well with a high tempo diverse team.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Master of Science in Engineering from an accredited academic institution and 16 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering with at least 12 years of related engineering experience. The incumbent must possess a well-established, substantial, professional reputation in one or more of the principal technical disciplines of the Company. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to direct senior technical personnel in project assignments involving research, development, integration, and sustainment of complex systems or processes. The incumbent must use superior communications skills, both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools. Incumbent must have a valid, current state driver's license. Must qualify for and maintain a current Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Test Execution Engine