Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Basic) - INTEGRIS Health - Miami, OK
At INTEGRIS Health, we’re striving not only to navigate our current health crisis but to also create a better, healthier future for Oklahoma. To do that, we need talented, collaborative, and caring EMTs like you. As the #1 ranked health system in the state and Oklahoma City metro area, we provide you with a rewarding career driven by a welcoming culture, comprehensive total rewards, and the opportunity to make a large impact on a meaningful mission. Ready to help us help Oklahomans?
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Basic) Position Overview:
The Emergency Medical Technician manages assessment, treatment and transport of patient in the ambulance, triage area, and/or the Emergency Department and hospital. The Emergency Medical Technician will utilize knowledge and skills up to the employees' Current level of licensure as licensed by the State of Oklahoma and approved by the Medical Director of IBRHC EMS. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. The Emergency Medical Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responds promptly to requests for non emergency and emergency calls as directed by the dispatcher in a timely and safe manner.
- Provides patient care up to current level of licensure according to guidelines set forth by the Oklahoma State Department of Health, Emergency Medical Services Division and department protocols.
- Consults with Medical Control as dictated by policy / procedure and /or protocols for guidance in providing patient care and scene control.
- Operates the ambulance in a safe and efficient manner maximizing the safety and comfort of the occupants of the vehicle.
- Maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees, community emergency service providers, hospital staff, physicians and other allied health professionals.
- Attends continuing education classes and EMS refresher courses as required by the State of Oklahoma to assure license renewal.
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum age requirement of 23, absent insurer approval.
- Must be able to pass a MVR (Motor Vehicle Records Check).
- Current Oklahoma Emergency Medical Technician license and yearly thereafter (Oklahoma State Department of Health).
- Current CPR certification and yearly thereafter.
- Current National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians license and yearly thereafter.
- Emergency Vehicle Driver Training within 6 months of hire and yearly thereafter.
- This job requires the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current State Drivers License as well as a driving record that meets the requirements of the INTEGRIS Health insurance carrier.
Emergency Medical Services