Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation. Job Description
Asset Managers require extensive experience with gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information to develop and maintain an effective asset management program. Asset Managers support activities to manage IT assets in classified and unclassified domains, navigate procedural and policy boundaries to conduct on-site inventory of assets across the enterprise, identify and remove obstacles to the completion of asset inventories, follow established procedures for the decommissioning of IT assets, and manage supplies. Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, business management and customer service skills. Typical Duties
- Joining financial, contractual, and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement
- Working directly with the Government to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders, to the delivery of assets, to the disposal of end of life items
- Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking the full IT asset, license, and maintenance life cycle, from procurement to retirement
- Defining, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocations, and disposal)
- Tracking and maintaining an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle
- Auditing, validating, and reconciling software licenses against the installed asset base
- Providing subject matter expertise for personal computer (PC), network, and server licensing
- Planning for the population of the asset database
- Managing the asset database
- Ensuring regular housekeeping of the asset database
- Working closely with the Government to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance
- Identifying opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
- Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
- Ensuring that the CMDB and asset database are highly accurate
- Researching licensing models, product use rights, as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published desktop software assets
TS/SCI Required Education:
None Required Experience: Years:
Experience in an IT and asset management role Required Certification:
Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination. Preferred Qualifications:
Prior experience with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing is highly valued. Essential Functions: Conduct quarterly physical inventory of MARSOC Enterprise service devices
Track all G-6 purchases from order submission to delivery
- Reconcile & verify quantities of cellular devices (1600 Smartphones, cell phones, hotspots, BES2s, CSFCs, RAA/VAKs); MFDs (300 new facility requirements) and VTCs (100 new facility requirements)
- Coordinate C4 device pre/post deployment support with unit
- Provide timely procurement, delivery, life-cycle management and accountability of devices and services.
Enter SOCOM Remedy Change Requests (CRs) for approved MARSOC Enterprise Solutions
- Ensure fiscal accountability, item management and quality control
- Coordinate device acceptance, distribution, tracking, vendor warranty & data entry
- Identify/analyze procurement-related issues/problems
Other Essential Functions Work Environment
- Track requests through to timely delivery/installation of new services (classified and unclassified domains)
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
Equipment and Machines
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies, computers or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- URL blocked - click to apply
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.