Senior Software Engineer - Power Electronics
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity located in Louisville, KY. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
If interested in applying please email your most up to date resume to Kelsey O'Bryan at Email blocked - click to apply.
Location: Louisville, KY
Develop firmware for Power Electronic systems with a focus on embedded motion controls.
What you will Do
* Collaborate in SW architecture definition for control systems of Power Electronics systems.
* Develop flexible firmware architecture based on highly modular concepts.
* Collaborate in the development of GUI applications for parametric data entry and system test.
* Implement software documentation including SRS, SDD, Validation Plans, etc.
* Collaborate in or lead software peer reviews.
* Manage feature release schedules; execute software development to project schedule.
*Develop and execute comprehensive software validation testing.
* Write, Debug and Test Code in C/C++
* Will work in close coordination with global design and manufacturing teams successfully completed the project deliverables.
* MSEE / MSCE or equivalent
* Seven years previous experience in embedded control software/firmware development.
* Experience developing power conversion control system firmware.
* Demonstrated proficiency in embedded software development employing C/C++ programming language and structured programming.
* Demonstrated proficiency in developing analytical models of closed loop control systems.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers.
* Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
*Ability to travel domestically and internationally
What you need to Succeed
* Demonstrated expertise in design of embedded software including closed loop controls.
* Demonstrated expertise employing Matlab to model, optimize control systems.
*Demonstrated experience developing embedded software employing TDD and the Agile process
* Previous experience in developing embedded software employing ARM core microcontrollers.
* Diverse motor control design experience with a variety of motor technologies including: Induction, BLDC, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors.
• 10 years previous experience developing embedded control software with focus on Motion Systems applications.
• Familiar with agency requirements for motor controls - UL, CSA, CE.
• Previous experience developing PC based applications employing Visual Basic, .Net Framework, and XML.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Computer Control Systems
C++ (Programming Language)