To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2228 County Road L
Crete, NE 68333
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Smithfield Foods • Crete, NE
Posted 2 months ago
Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON?\u201d Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Expeditor is responsible for proactively identifying potential product shortage issues. The main objective of the role is to quickly resolve inventory positioning opportunities and communicate potential shortages in advance, maximizing customer communication and satisfaction. This position will collaborate with Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Business Management, Customer Service, Transportation and the Distribution teams to effectively review and execute resolutions to product shortage issues at the assigned Distribution Center(s).Responsibilities
- Identifies potential shortage issues through daily monitoring, analysis and reconciliation of the Inventory Planning Report.
- Reviews problem inventory trends and communicates with appropriate stakeholders to resolve.
- Interacts with cross-functional partners to coordinate timely shortage issue resolution and minimize impact to fill rates for customers.
- Collaborates with Business Management and Customer Service to prioritize product allocations.
- Modifies stock transport orders to show a realistic picture of available to promise (ATP) inventory for Customer Service and Distribution.
- Accountable for creating and analyzing regularly cadenced reports, escalating areas of concern and working back with Supply Planning and/or the Aged Inventory team to move excess inventory.
- Organizes discussions and meetings with the appropriate stakeholders to proactively address critical inventory-related issues.
- Communicates item/customer specific shortage issues to Customer Service.
- Coordinates with Transportation and Distribution to prioritize inbound product shuttles.
- Works with Supply Planning as a resource for Customer Service to address inventory shortages on outbound shipments.
- Serves as the main DC contact for Supply Planners to address specific customer item code date issues.
- Prepares additional scorecards, reports and analysis where applicable to address shortage issues impacting certain categories and customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in distribution, product planning, inventory management or other related supply chain discipline highly preferred.
- Intermediate level Excel skills required.
- SAP experience a plus, other ERP experience also beneficial.
- Strong analytical, organizational and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.