The Sr. Project Management function provides experienced project organizational skills and techniques in the execution and coordination of Manufacturing and Engineering projects of the products, devices, and services produced by SP Industries for the appropriate markets and industries. The main objective of the position is to plan, organize, and control projects for successful execution in a quality manner and within scope, budget, and schedule. Responsibilities include being the liaison between Customer, Sales, Engineering, Accounting, and Operations departments. Also requires technical and industry knowledge, support of safety and quality programs, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills in coordination with all internal Departments as well as interaction with Customers, Suppliers, and Consultants/Contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Overall responsibilities to plan, organize, control, and ensure successful completion of Engineer to Order capital projects. Must ensure that projects are executed in a quality manner and that end products are within scope, budget, and schedule and meet customer needs and specifications.
- Apply and utilize Project coordinator and project planning techniques, including prioritization, scheduling, resource allocation and coordination, budget definition and control, and implementation.
- Participate in, and potentially manage all or portions of, New Product Development, Value Analysis, Sustaining Engineering projects for enhanced manufacturability, productivity, reliability, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain Project Management procedures, documentation, communication methods, and standards for all projects to ensure execution in a quality manner and within scope, budget and schedule and meet customer needs and specifications.
- Develop appropriate project schedules, resource requirements, milestones, and budgets and distribute, as necessary.
- Drive and monitor progress, conduct meetings as necessary to drive outcomes, update status, and take appropriate actions and/or notify the appropriate Manager to keep scope, budget, and schedules on track.
- Determine when progress payment milestones have been reached and notify Finance to execute Invoice process.
- Provide support to Sales to include Specification reviews, Applications assistance, Request For Quotation (RFQ) review and response, customer/prospect interface, etc.
- Identify and capture “out of scope” requests by Customer. Determine cost and schedule affect and provide to Sales for Change Order proposal.
- Direct and assess performance of assigned Engineers, Designers, Drafters, Technical Writers, Technicians, Clerks, Interns, and Consultants/Contractors
- Influence, drive, and support a matrix organization with Customers, Suppliers, Representatives, and Consultants/Contractors,
- Promote, follow, and support the company Safety and Quality programs and procedures.
- Utilize available tools effectively (i.e. PC, computer systems and software) and recommend those that will improve the operations.
- Keep Self, Section, and Department in pace with industry changes and technology advancements and recommend or apply where they will improve our product, services, performance, competitiveness, and/or will provide innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Report on and/or present progress and status of assignments in various formats to internal and external audiences.
- Other tasks, projects, assignments at the Department, Division, and Company level as assigned by the Program Manager or his/her designee.
- 3-5yrs direct PM experience managing scope, budget, and schedules for large scale capital projects (capital equipment preferred)
- Experience interpreting schematics, financial statements/reports, and production and capacity plans
- Project Management (PMP or others) certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences, or equivalent work experience or a combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years’ engineering or related work experience required.
- AutoCAD, Inventor, ProE, Solidworks, Unigrafix or other design package experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of design process, ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, practices and procedures.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all duties
- Ability to influence and drive results within a matrix environment.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment but will involve occasional exposure to a shop environment and fabrication and assembly processes
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.