Chemical Operator – Blaine, MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for a Chemical Operator for one of our top clients in Blaine, MN. This is a 3-month Contract to Hire position!
As a Chemical Operator placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for mixing, transferring/filtering pumps to produce batches of products used for operations and outbound shipments.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Works cooperatively with Production Coordinator, Mix-room Supervisor, Lab, and co-workers, to fulfill various assigned duties.
- Follows standard operating procedures, batch sheet instruction, general procedures, verbal or other written instruction to complete assignments.
- PLC units, transfer pumps, mixers, filtration, grounding and ventilation equipment observing all safety procedures.
- Checks and verifies materials prior to batching, produces coatings, adhesives, pigments, and other products according to Batch Sheet specifications, standard operating procedures, and performs in-process quality control.
- Ensures batched and finished product quality meets specifications or established standards.
- Ensures proper additions and record keeping of information such as lot, weights, time added, QC measurement, filtration, etc. for quality assurance.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Complies with all safety rules including static control, ventilation, and use of proper personal protective equipment.
- Contributes to problem solving efforts, solutions, preventative actions, and general process improvement activities.
- Responsible to executing all system requirements
- Experience with operation of chemical or petroleum manufacturing equipment. Pumps, valves, reactors, wiped film evaporators, distillation columns, vacuum pumps, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Skills in crafts of pipefitting, carpentry, and instrumentation, plumbing, welding, or machining are a plus.
- Familiarity with common office software such as spreadsheets and word documents.
- Familiarity with computer controlled process systems.
- Highly motivated and self-starting.
- Able to work with others in a team environment.
- Able to follow a written procedure for execution of relevant tasks
- College Chemistry hours are a plus
- The Chemical Operator will report to the Director of Process Engineering
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
•Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect
with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Product Quality Assurance
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US33YEKD_BH1563778
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Scientific Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Scientific Resources is a specialty service of Kelly Services®. As the world's largest provider of HR solutions to the scientific community, Kelly Scientific Resources is focused exclusively on placing skilled scientific professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time science jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
- Clinical Trials / Clinical
- Clinical Research
- Consumer Products
- Drug Discovery and Safety
- Environmental Health
- Food Science
- Health Physics
- Production and Manufacturing
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Research and Development
Kelly Scientific Resources employees work more than 7 million hours in positions ranging from clinical research associates to molecular biologists to biochemists—from entry level to Ph.D.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile