The purpose of the translator is to assist both HR and Operations with translation needs to improve communications in the plant. This will include during the interview process, onboarding, on the production floor and in Human Resources as necessary.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* At the request of management, translate messages/content simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages while maintaining message content, context and style as much as possible. Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
* Provide translation as needed when approached by employees. Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information. Listen to employee's statements to determine meanings and to prepare translations.
* Translate written documents as needed for posting in the plant making sure that the translated versions convey the meaning of the original as clearly as possible.
* Promote safety through translation.
* Bachelor degree preferred.
* Certification through the American Translator Association is preferred.
* 1 year relevant experience preferred.
* The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
* The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Active Listening
- Human Resources
- Language Translation