POSITION – Union: Meter Tech A (B Acceptable) (7167) Lewiston, ME
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 3
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Lewiston Service Building
Skills and Requirements
- The installation, change-out, site analysis, removal, programming, repairing and troubleshooting of all metering at Distribution Systems, Transmission Systems, and Generating Systems. (Including usage concern tests).
- Test and maintain locations utilizing SCADA equipment.
- Test and maintain locations utilizing Transducers
- Dual Circuit locations utilizing totalization equipment.
- Net Energy Billing locations and other Bi-Directional metering applications.
- Be proficient in the use of the Birddog, Portable Alpha, Optical Systems, 505 Analyzer, Power mate and Single Point Test Kit
- Must be capable of coordination with Meter Engineer and Meter Services
- Coordinators regarding special projects
- Must have basic understanding of power quality issues and be able to monitor and trouble shoot power quality problems at customer locations
- Must work and coordinate with other company personnel to assure continuity of job completion, and deal courteously with all customers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, engineers and contractors regarding the metering installations and related equipment.
- Must be able to accurately prepare and maintain the necessary records in connection with the work in a legible manner.
- Have thorough understanding of vector analysis pertaining to transformer rated metering installations and be able to analyze results and recommend changes if required.
- Must be capable of using a PC to accurately program and interrogate electronic meters and to complete reports with standard office software and manipulate files.
- Assume responsibility for and insure the safe and proper use, operation and maintenance of tools, test equipment and vehicles.
- Must have passed the exam and be a qualified Meter Technician A.
- Must have and maintain a valid State of Maine driver’s license.
- Must have an associate degree in Electrical Technology or the equivalent.
- Must be willing to participate in the safety process.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the safety instructions affecting the work and to perform the work accordingly.
- Must stay current with technology associated with job classification.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers (PC’s), operating systems and metering software applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) and local ordinances where applicable with respect to the installation of electric meters and service entrances and related equipment and to locate and inspect service installation for conformity to these regulations.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Handbook of Standard Requirements, Metering Construction Standards, Field Operating Procedures pertaining to the assignment and the Meter Skills training manual.
- Must be familiar with the Company’s industrial, commercial and residential rate structure.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Must be capable of performing all essential functions of the classification and other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate & Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply or [ Email removed ] - ||
Installations (Computer Systems)
Complex Problem Solving