Eckerd Connects Strive Academy
Eckerd Connects’ Strive Academy is a day-treatment program serving teens between the ages of 12 through 19 who have been placed on probation, post commitment probation, conditional release or minimum risk commitment by the court and who are assessed as moderate-high or a high risk to re-offend. Eckerd Connects partnered with the Local County School Districts of Pinellas and Polk counties Florida to serve as a DJJ Alternative School.
This school model offers an array of services and interventions tools that are designed to help youth build needed skills to successfully and permanently exit the Juvenile Justice system.
Please follow the link for more information about this program: https://eckerd.org/juvenile-justice-services/community-based-services/strive-academy/
⇒This position may be located in either Lakeland, FL or St Petersburg, FL, as positions open.
This is an entry level position.
The Program Support Specialist position provides program specific training, supervision, and transportation to participants. Staff are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of areas outlined below
- Adheres to the prescribed, authorized plan and providing an environment conducive to effective intervention services including supervision of participants and assessment of participant skill levels in order to assist them with meeting education goals.
- Actively participant in the development and completion of skills cards including engaging with youth to effectively implement strategies identified in the behavioral management system.
- The incumbent facilitates delinquency interventions and value-added services to Program youth; schedules and delivers sessions in accordance with the Program Site Schedule. She/he will address questions or concerns and utilize training and instructional methods that reinforce learning.
- Counsel a diverse population with regard to program policies and standards while demonstrating sensitivity to needs and circumstances; performs routine follow-up with participants, Case Managers and Program Coordinator. He/she will provide updates and concerns regarding youth progress to the assigned Case Manager.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining thorough, accurate records including assessments, assignments, reports, performing data entry and other program related information as required.
- Provide supervision of youth and transportation services to youth in accordance with contract.
- Conduct participant drug screenings and assists in participant curfew checks.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Complete all tasks using appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma, or equivalent, and at least two years of direct experience with at-risk youth population. An Associate of Arts, Bachelor or Master’s Degree may substitute for two (2) years of professional experience
Experience: Prior successful work-related driving experience required. Proven safe driving record required.
Skills: Excellent communication, organizational, time management and team building skills. Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others. Must be able to read and follow guides; utilize effective management skills; present information to participants in a clear fashion, address questions or concerns and utilize effective training/instructional methods to reinforce learning.
Physical Demands: Ability to transport others; ability to maintain sitting position for the business day; ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds; ability to concentrate on road and traffic conditions, while maintaining order from passengers; must be free of communicable disease as defined by the appropriate state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law; maintain minimum training hours and credentials are defined by Eckerd Kids.
Other: Must meet state criminal background check requirements; ability to work non-traditional work schedule, including evenings and Saturdays.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s auto insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must maintain appropriate and valid state driver’s license.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program