To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- VC Highlands, NV 89521
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Systems Engineering Manager
IGT • VC Highlands, NV
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
As a leader in the casino gaming industry, IGT is looking for a talented individual to take on a role of a Systems Engineering Manager who is passionate about superior customer service, innovation and providing high level technical leadership to a high performing team focused on IGT’s next generation Cloud/WAN/LAN Managed Services. In this role you will apply leading-edge principles and methodologies to the development, maintenance, and administration of many systems engineering functions and standards. Through a DevOps approach the successful candidate will work cross functionally with various global organizations and leaders to routinely respond to and drive issue resolution, maintain numerous production infrastructures hosting IGT’s software, developing and tracking key performance indicators, and delivering on complex projects/initiatives aligned with business and company objectives.
- Responsible for the availability and stability of the various IGT’s production environments & platforms consisting of
- Responsible for assessing the Customer Service needs of IGT’s business and fulfills those needs by leveraging and localizing sound practices
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability through monitoring, testing, performance validation and administration
- Work with other cross-functional teams to identify and resolve platform or service related defects that impact our products, services and Customers
- Continual operational, system, service and platform improvements to enhance end user experience and system stability
- Work with other Service leaders collaboratively to share best practices to drive operational efficiencies; drives customer satisfaction and operational excellence with our platforms or services
- Responsible for operational and security best practices across multiple platforms including, on-premise, Cloud (AWS) and Colocation datacenters.
- Providing sound systems engineering leadership and expertise to a cross-functional team
- Provides both hands on engineering support and people management for system engineers
- Participates in the strategic planning and execution of organizational & business objectives
- Partners with other technical teams in the onboarding of new Customer deployments including solution design, simulation testing and production integration
- Monitors platform and Customer trends that could impact our products, processes, infrastructure, and/or customers and proactively creates operational plans to address them
- Coordinates with multiple groups to deliver on the highest level of Customer service and issue resolution (L1, 2 &3)
- Responsible for developing and executing the Services strategy in partnership with Product Management, Sales and other business units
- Partner with Sales management to develop strategies that will help the team to meet or exceed Sales targets for the region
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree or equivalent in a computer related field of study
- 10+ years of work experience in Systems Engineering, Quality Assurance, Database Administration, IT or a related engineering support capacity
- 5+ years of distributed build/deploy experience in multi-tenant, multi-tier environments
- Strong knowledge in the maintenance, administration, configuration, and integration of server infrastructure, operating systems, applications and relational databases
- Experience in Cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure (Microsoft) and Google Cloud Platform
- In depth proficiency in the installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of Microsoft Server infrastructure, operating systems, active directory, applications and relational databases
- Strong experience with DevOps toolsets such as JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub, Salt/Puppet, Cloud Formation
- Proficiency in Automation for both Windows & Linux scripting in (BASH, PowerShell and Python)
- Sound planning and resource management skills
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 installation, configuration and administration
- Strong network background (switching, routing and firewalls) including complex network topology design and implementation
- Virtualization (VMware, Windows, etc.)
- Understanding of storage solution including (SAN, vSAN, etc)
- Backup Solutions
- Understanding of load balancing techniques (A10, F5, Windows, etc.)
- Experience in working in a high demand and high-pressure area with professionalism, courtesy, and confidence.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry, gaming regulations and casino operations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation skills
- Broad business acumen that can integrate with other functional areas such as Marketing, Legal, Finance, Sales, and IT, Suppliers (internal or external)
- Must be able to travel, mostly domestic, some international travel possible (no more than 25%)
- Windows/Linux in virtualized environments (VMware & HyperV)
- Scripting (BASH, Python, PowerShell)
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration
- N-tier applications troubleshooting
- MySQL, MS SQL, Mongo
- Networking configuration in virtualized environments
- Working knowledge
- Web services and databases
- Containers such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Gaming industry experience a plus
- Experience with SaltStack, Jenkins, Stash, and Jira are all pluses.
- NET and Java
- Datacenter operations
- Performance and scalability testing
- SaltStack automation
- Jenkins build automation
- Atlassian tools – Jira, Stash & Confluence
- MS SQL
- Windows Certificate Authority
- Windows Active Directory
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.