This position is responsible for monitoring the activities of residents and ensuring their compliance with program rules and conditions. Additionally, this position ensures the safe custody and accountability of all the clients while maintaining a clean, safe and orderly facility.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent with one year of experience in a related field. Position requires the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. The ability to demonstrate positive leadership skills and maintain composure during crisis situations is required. Experience in a residential setting covering overnight shift preferred.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
- Completes daily census counts.
- Prepares incident / accident / injury reports as necessary and required by policies and procedures.
- Maintains detailed record of events that occur during shift.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions.
- Maintains inventory of all housekeeping supplies and reports shortages to supervisor.
- Completes resident monitor checklist each shift.
- Completes paperwork for new residents and conducts orientation.
Monitoring Facility Safety, Security, and Cleanliness.
- Maintains overall security and operational control of the facility
- Monitors client and visitor movement on grounds.
- Conducts hourly rounds and regular census counts as required by program’s policies and procedures; immediately reports inconsistencies to immediate supervisor.
- Ensures clients observe all fire and other safety measures, and conducts and documents fire drills.
- Obtains certification in first aid/CPR within 30 days of employment and maintains current certification throughout course of employment.
- Ensures that all housekeeping closets are clean and organized.
- Answers and reroutes incoming calls appropriately and in a prompt and professional manner.
- Executes emergency evacuation procedures.
- Responsible for afterhours and weekend activities.
- Conducts weekly apartment inspections.
- Assists in the turnover of apartments.
- Assists in the preparation for compliance inspections.
Displays commitment to the Mission and Values
- Knows and follows policies related to safety.
- Uses resources wisely and in a cost effective manner.
- Adheres to policies for attendance.
- Uses scheduled work time productively while being awake at all times during shift.
- Knows and follows policies related to ethical conduct and is in compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- Arrives to work on time and transitions shift control appropriately for all scheduled shifts.
- Performs other duties as requested.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand, stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and operate office equipment.
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
All activities will be conducted in compliance with Volunteers of America Carolinas and HVRP policies and Department of Labor standards. A positive image for Volunteers of America will be maintained.