Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opening for an
with a growing client in the Piedmont Triad. This is a fast-paced environment offering professional growth and long term stability.
We are looking to move very quickly!!
**Candidates must be able to work on Direct W2**
Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Winston Salem, NC OR Austin, TX
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
Shift: M-F, 8:00am-5:00pm (flexible)
*100% remote after 3-6 weeks of paid travel/accommodations on-site
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team! This person will be responsible for leading a team to design a new DevOps infrastructure.
- Develop Tools and Automation Software
- Design and develop new DevOps Infrastructure
- Design and Documentation of Cloud Architecture Solutions
- Perform Infrastructure Analysis, Anomaly Detection
- Respond to System Performance and Security Events
- Defend the System against Unsustainable or Unreliable Components
- Participate in Code Review
- Mentor and Train Peers
- Improve Communication, minimizing
- Engage in Constant-Learning in support of our Environments
- Compose Root Cause Analysis Reports
- Improve Development Operations, Dev Advocacy
- Protect and Optimize the SDLC
- AWS Experience [4+ years]
- Experience working with Agile and/or Lean software development approaches.
- Experience building solutions with a majority of the following AWS services: EC2, ECS, VPC, S3, RDS, Redshift, CloudFront, Direct Connect, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Elasticsearch Service, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies, tools and services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience building sophisticated, secure software applications with modern APIs
- Proficiency in writing code
- Experience with common service discovery systems like Consul, Zookeeper, etc.; NoSQL databases such as Mongo or Couchbase; queueing and streaming systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, etc.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)
Amazon Simple Queue Service (Sqs)