Responsible for the analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Provide technology solutions to allow business units to achieve their objectives and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Analyze and document how the business requirements fit into existing system
- Create and refine system specifications
- Gather requirements from business
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and/or modify programs to adapt to changes in need and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with business, complete final program documentation and obtain approval for changes
- Assist in and sometimes lead on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation and source management
- Possess strong working experience using one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, VB.Net, SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID design principles
- Ability to lead and work with other team members
- Ability to work with and understand business client requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and procedures, multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and empathize with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with GIT source control
- Experience with relational databases
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at Phone number blocked - click to apply.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)