Nesco Resource is currently sourcing for a Cell Technician for our plastic injection molding client in Shelby Township, MI. This is a 2nd shift contract to hire position. Pay Rate:
$16 to $18 per hour (based upon experience) B Shift:
8:00pm to 8:00am (rotating schedule week one: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Week two: Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday). General Description:
Work experience requirements:
- Assist the Lead Process Technician in running a safe, clean, organized and controlled production floor.
- Product Qualification
- Understand/perform all checks (per C.P.) and enter in appropriate database/spreadsheet.
- Understand and perform SPC charting.
- Participate in conducting MSA Studies such as GR&R.
- Perform final audit on all jobs per C.P.
- Understand/perform procedure for non-conforming product…N.C.R
- Perform necessary log entries regarding part quality into IQ Log
- Understand lot # system & traceability: including serial numbers / box count and label information
- Print labels, label cartons, stamp labels per instructions and packaging instructions in job book
- Reload labels and Ribbons in the Barcode printer when empty
- Quality alert / Certification requirements
- Material Handling:
- Tend all machines running with appropriate resin per Work Instruction
- Log into IQ log: lot numbers, resin grade for each job running and know when/how to maintain current/changing lot numbers in IQ Log
- Perform moisture analysis with moisture analyzer
- Proper identification of material containers using Material Data Sheet
- Make cartons in accordance with packaging instructions
- Pull/Put Raw materials to Staging Area for Proper Press, and put away when job is down.
- Put/pull full pallets away from cell and stage for scanning
- Fill and label MAC Bins, recording lot numbers in IQ-Log
- Handle and Label Finished Stock, with Date/Shift Stamp
- Change Lot numbers in IQMS at the appropriate timing based on the PRISM lot control system and customer specific instructions.
- Print Labels, deliver to your cells, and pre-label cartons per guidelines.
- Understand its function and safety guidelines for using each piece of equipment used.
- Understand the possible failure modes and how to resolve them.
- Understand how process change impacts part quality and what the system is for managing it.
- Understand and perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment as applied to daily production.
- Understand and perform IQMS System scrap and downtime entry.
- Understand and perform Realtime Production Bucket changes in IQMS as requested.
- Understand and perform first and lost shots check sheet and its importance to our system.
- Understand and perform final audits on all finished goods product coming off the machines.
- Understand and perform quality checks on product as required. This includes entry into IQMS.
- Make Cartons for the Shift
- Wrap Pallets for the Shift.
- Empty Production Floor Garbage at the end of each shift.
- Know and understand shift change expectations, as well as perform a sound rundown.
- Coverage for Absences and Vacations of other personnel as required.
- Load/Unload Deliveries as required (mostly on Shift #1)
- Recommended one year of applicable work experience.
- Experience with computer and/or computer related systems.
- Robotics and/or automation experience.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer Training (preferred)
- Robotic and/or Automation Training (preferred)
- Decoupled molding by R.J.G. (preferred)
- Control Systems
- Materials Management