CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
CHI Franciscan’s Mission Control Center are winners of the 2020 Leaders in Health Care Gold Award for Innovation in Healthcare Delivery. Inspired by NASA, CHI Franciscan’s Mission Control Center is the first system in Washington state and only the fifth globally to use artificial intelligence and advanced analytics to coordinate patient care across the entire health system. Built in collaboration with GE Healthcare, the technology can stream real-time data on things such as forecasted demand, transfer between medical facilities, care progression and discharge planning.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
The RN Transfer Center position serves as the designated liaison/point-person for emergency departments, healthcare facilities, and community-based physicians/providers to schedule hospital beds for incoming patients to all CHI Franciscan hospitals, and for coordinating a seamless Transfer/Access Center model for ensuring the timely, efficient and cost-effective utilization of bed resources on a regional basis.
Work also involves responsibility for: 1) tracking/communicating key patient throughput metrics on a regional basis; 2) developing/overseeing a regional length-of-stay multi-disciplinary team (e.g. care management, utilization review, finance, etc.); and 3) working with site-specific patient placement staff to facilitate transfers to other CHI-FH facilities. If no beds are available at any CHI-FH facilities, an incumbent works directly with other hospitals to coordinate external bed placement.
A complex level of knowledge of patient placement/throughput standards, tools and methodologies is required. Excellent customer service relationships with key contacts (patient/families, physicians, and nurses) are important in ensuring continued referral of patients to our facilities.
Job duties require the services of a Registered Nurse who, based on training and work experience, uses professional knowledge and judgment in understanding and interpreting the clinical acuity/diagnoses of patients and integrating that data with real-time and predictive regional bed availability information to ensure that patients are matched with the appropriate facility, level of care and unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates, facilitates, and continually monitors regional patient placement/bed assignments, by serving as regional point-person for CHI-FH emergency departments and community-based physicians/ providers/health care facilities requesting in-patient hospital beds through the Transfer/Access Center.
- Coordinates with and provides training to site-specific patient placement staff on patient placements, transfers, and to facilitate bed assignments to maximize patient flow.
- Facilitates ongoing communications across enterprise and with community-based providers/health systems to maintain effective relationships with regard to patient flow/bed placement issues.
- Monitors, tracks, and analyzes patient placement systems and other electronic systems continuously to ensure that the system contains current and accurate data.
- Develops, coordinates, and collaborates on systems/processes to implement best practices and performance improvement for enhancing and standardizing bed management practices on a regional basis.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related discipline, graduation from an accredited school of nursing and five years of progressively responsible related work experience, that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities preferably in a multi-hospital system.
- Critical Care or Emergency Room nursing experience required.
- Charge Nurse experience is strongly preferred.
- Equivalent related work experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
- Current licensure by the Washington State Board of Nursing is required.
- Current healthcare provider BLS Certification.
- Basic Life Support
- Health Facilities
- Registered Nurse Certified