Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior real estate management and Edgewood Management Corporation is a 51-year-old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood’s portfolio represents a variety of multifamily products that include high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse-style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation is recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team
- Must have Tax Credit experience
- Have worked on an apartment community.
- Experience or interest in working with older adults.
- Maturity, friendliness, and enjoyment in working with people.
- Skills in nurturing and organizing similar to those in a domestic household.
- Experience working with Rent Roll Program.
- Training/Experience as an Administrative Assistant/Marketing Assistant.
- CPR Certification and First Aid Certification.
- Must submit to a background check and be in good standing with no criminal convictions.
- Ability to lift and transfer residents and assist in their evacuation in an emergency.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, other employees, residents, families, the public, and other agencies.
- Ability to stand and move intermittently throughout the entire shift. Approximately 7.5 hours a day.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, or lift a minimum of 30 lbs. to a minimum height of 4 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum of 100 feet.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
- Assist staff in providing and coordinating services to residents, families, and guests.
- Assist residents and staff in solving problems.
- Prepare correspondence and other forms/documents needed for daily operations and marketing.
- Organize office functions and flow of communication.
- Duplicate and distribute information.
- Compose and edit written documents to ensure correct spelling and grammar.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Create and maintain an environment for residents, families, and guests that is customer friendly and that values and respects the uniqueness of each individual.
- Conduct tours as needed.
- Assist residents with mail as needed.
- Organize and compile reports and data required for meetings.
- Initiate the inquiry process.
- Report concerns about residents to supervisor and coworkers.
- Respond to resident emergencies; provide first-aid assistance and notify nursing staff.
- Report all accidents/incidents as established by department/facility policies. Fill out and file reports as directed.
- Assists as directed in the admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
- Assist with budgeting.
- Assist in outside marketing.
- Support and practice the philosophy and code of ethics of the facility, abiding by the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Follow established infection control, standard precautions, safety and HACCP policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Practice safety when working with equipment. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment malfunctions/breakdowns to your supervisor or maintenance director immediately.
- Report on-the-job injuries of self/staff to the supervisor before the end of the work shift on the day the injury occurs.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the administrator as it relates to providing quality care to the residents.
- Continue professional growth through current literature and seminars.
- Attend staff meetings and required in-services.
- Successfully completes all recertification trainings as required by the state regulations within required time frames.
- Seeks guidance from the supervisor, before carrying out tasks to which you have not been oriented.
- Performs any and all duties as requested by Supervisor or Administration
- Residents and their needs always come first, and their healthcare needs must be met unless there is a conflict with the needs of others or the organization as a whole.
- Employees must not possess intoxicants or be under the influence of an intoxicant while on company time and/or company premises.
- Neat appearance, adherence to task-appropriate dress code, and good personal hygiene.
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Financial Management
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Food Safety