Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap of analytics initiatives to support business stakeholders in a self-service environment leveraging both on-prem and MS Azure platforms
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including ETL, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs and big data application development
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and maintain configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies / processes, monitoring tools
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to decommission
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design / coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of BI solutions and processes.
- Maintain the production BI products, solutions, documentation and environments to ensure optimal health, including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with relational database delivery
- 3+ years of development experience with Cognos, Power BI, Tableau and/or MicroStrategy
- 3+ years of experience in Agile Delivery
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with designing / developing cloud technologies in MS Azure, leveraging Azure SQL Warehouse (Synapse), Azure Delta Lake, DataBricks and Azure Data Factory
- 1+ years of experience in Azure DevOps / CICD and GitHub
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Azure, Azure SQL Warehouse, Synapse, Azure Delta Lake, BI, DataBricks, Azure Data Factory, Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Agile, Azure DevOps, CICD, GitHub, Healthcare, Optum, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH