To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Coralie Jarema
- Phone: 8018444085
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Compliance Manager
Aerotek • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 30 days ago
Aerotek is looking for an experience Environmental Compliance Specialist or Manager for a great client of ours! They are the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. .
The Environmental Compliance Manager is responsible to provide dedicated regulatory compliance support to the Company's InSite Onsite Service Program, ensuring that operations performed under the scope of each program mitigate the risk of non-compliance at the client site.
Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Develop plans and coordinate activities that ensure InSite Program compliance with Federal, State, and local environmental regulations at Program locations.
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Program location.
- Establish framework for and perform periodic environmental compliance reviews for existing contract locations, using applicable location inspection checklist and other appropriate audit checklists to ensure location compliance with all regulations, permits, and company policies and procedures, including DOT compliance where applicable under contract scope
- Provide value-add feedback to customer management staff on environmental compliance observations made while conducting periodic operational reviews, and written documentation of audit results and corrective action plans.
Observe Health and Safety Practices of InSite personnel.
- Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Act as resource for Insite Program compliance questions/ answers; Communicate regulatory and internal policy changes to Program and provide operational application guidance and interpretation.
- Support the response to Insite Program environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents.
- Assist with preparation, collection and review of periodic environmental reports and all compliance monitoring data.
- Program Manager(s) with review, revision and renewal of facility permitting as needed and required by contract scope.
- Ensure all environmental compliance and DOT training is delivered to Program personnel according to applicable schedules.
- Create framework for and ensure implementation of BMP for documentation and maintenance of training records at program locations.
- Interact with program location stakeholders including the client, State and local regulatory agencies, fire department and others to build community relations.
- Communicate all interaction to local Program Manager, Tech Services General Manager.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections
- Assist with managing customer air, water and hazardous waste programs.
- Experience around waste and/or chemicals.
- Experience writing permits and doing inspections.
- Experience with agency interaction - auditing.
- Experience doing compliance for a waste management company, recycling center, pharmaceutical company, chemical company or HAZ waste.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4+ years experience in Environmental Science or related field.
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, and State regulations including: EPA (RCRA; SARA/CERCLA; TSCA; CWA and CAA) and DOT.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Windows based applications.
- OSHA Standards knowledge.
- Technical/Manufacturing knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Profit and Loss Management.
- Working knowledge of Safety.
- Leadership and Management Skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.