Kelly Services is looking for a Direct Hire Maintenance Technician position in New Albany.
This is a manufacturing maintenance technician position.
Primary function of this position is the following:
Installs, modifies, maintains, repairs, overhauls, tests and adjusts a variety of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment and machinery.
Resume and Interview are required for this position.
Please send resumes to Email blocked - click to apply
or apply to the job post
Maintenance Mechanic- 12 Hour rotating shifts
The position is responsible for operation and repair of production equipment. This position requires an understanding of GMP and other government requirements, applicable company and customer Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and all safety regulations.
- Rebuilds and repairs parts needed to maintain production equipment.
- Sets up equipment for production runs.
- Performs repairs on packing lines.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Fills out requisitions for parts issued out of parts room.
- Writes set up sheets for changeovers and pulls and puts up change parts.
- Complies with OSHA Safety, FDA and cGMP requirements.
- Performs daily equipment checks, ability to do facilities Maintenance daily checks and assist Facilities when needed.
- Understands and uses lockout/tag-out procedures.
- Ensures change parts are returned to the proper locations
- Prepares and maintains accurate and timely documentation including changeover logs, machine maintenance logs and other department reports.
- Responsible for reporting downtime when assigned to a line.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or other abnormal condition.
- Complete assigned Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and safe work area.
- May operate forklifts and electrical powered hand trucks.
- Assist other mechanics with changeovers.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years mechanical experience in a production environment (preferably FDA regulated) with PLC systems, conveyor and electrical control systems.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to operate all machinery on the production floor.
- Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
- Good understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations (GMP-s) and OSHA safety requirements.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Strong communication (both written and oral), interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead to minimize potential issues as well as to meet company growth objectives.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and any shift as required.
- Wear hairnet, safety glasses, long pants, steel toe shoes/boots and any other uniform standards.
- Read, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Sit, bend, stoop, climb, and stand for long periods of time in one place.
Lift items up to 50lbs
Computer Control Systems
Good Manufacturing Practices
Certified Global Meeting Planner