This position is not yet funded
GDIT has an opportunity for an IT Implementation Manager to lead a geographically dispersed team of entry to mid-level technical resources responsible for a national rollout of IT services and systems. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build a team and launch a technology transformation program from the beginning. GDIT’s 35,000 employees are on the ground, beside our clients, in the lab and everywhere in-between offering technology transformation, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. Join our team today!
- Oversee all aspects of system transition planning, installation, and cutover; and ensure that all criteria associated with the transition and cutover activities defined in the Transition Plan are performed within the required time periods.
- Coordinate activities with our Implementation Team and the local office managers for all pre- and post-cutover support activities.
- Manage a broad team composed of direct employees and partners, approximately 30 - 50 technical engineers
- Work with the implementation team and architects on building solutions for the customer
- Report weekly on the status of all activities associated with the installation of the systems at each office and shall also be responsible for ensuring site cutover acceptance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience managing larger teams
- Experience managing enterprise wide technical projects through transition and implementation
Desired Skills and Experience
- PMP desired.
- Government contracting experience strongly preferred.
- Technical background and experience is preferred
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.