Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, publish, and maintain Financial, Operational and KPI Tableau dashboards to meet customers’ requirements
- Identify and implement appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies
- Work closely with Data Operations teams to ensure the data sources are accurate and analyzable
- Extract large amount of data using SQL
- Perform and document report development and quality assurance processes
- Resolve any data or performance issues related to Tableau dashboards
- Create and maintain reference documents for the finalized dashboard
- Find key areas of automation to make the processes more efficient
- Turning visualization prototypes and subject area data models into well engineered, enterprise-grade visualization solutions
- Operationalize reporting and create a flexible architecture that can support tremendous growth and changing KPIs
- Multitask, prioritize, adapt to change, work well under pressure in an entrepreneurial environment, meet deadlines, and manage a project from start to finish
- Leverage and coordinate enterprise-wide capabilities to meet business-specific needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative filed such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Health Administration, or other related degree from an accredited institution
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics or reporting role
- 2+ years of Tableau/BI development
- Strong critical thinking and analytical expertise: data visualization, data analysis, data manipulation, data extraction and reporting required
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of healthcare administrative data (medical claims, enrollment, provider data)
- Proficiency with advanced forecasting techniques
- Knowledge of CMS regulations and specifications in regards to Medicare Advantage risk adjustment
- Experience in predictive modeling, data manipulation, reporting, and analysis
- Demonstrated capability in driving business result through modeling and segmentation implementation, analysis, and refinement
- Tableau certification
- Experience synthesizing analysis into actionable and easy to digest insights
- Experience measuring impact and ROI of operational programs and services
- Demonstrated capability in driving business results through modeling, segmentation, implementation, analysis, and refinement
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote