Cost Engineer - Ridgecrest, CA 93555
System One has a temp to hire employment conversion opportunity for a Cost Engineer to support our client’s China Lake Earthquake Recovery (CLRP) program. The Cost Engineer will provide construction management support services to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWSCL) in Ridgecrest, California.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION CAREFULLY!
- Start Date: 9/18/21 (Sat.)
- Temp-to-Hire (after 520 hours worked min.)
- NO PER DIEM – however, some relocation may be offered in a lump sum but not to exceed $3,000.
- Interview Required via phone and possibly skype/MS Teams
- US Citizenship REQUIRED (federal group)
- Holidays are paid if the contractor works the business day before and after the holiday.
Onboarding Process: Drug Screen and FEDERAL FINGERPRINT WHICH IS A LIFETIME SEARCH. CHINA LAKE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING ON A CANDIDATES RECORD. DOD COMMON ACCESS CARD REQUIRED
Cost Engineering Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Architectural or Engineering college curriculum.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience working with Cost Estimating on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts with at least five (5) valued more than $5O million.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience using CostWorks and Success Estimator as well as Mil (Microcomputer Aided Cost Estimating System Second Generation) cost estimating software.
- Familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) is required.
- Must have a clear understanding of, and ability to work with, construction contract commercial documents, drawings and specifications, and be qualified to be a project/program estimate team leader.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute (PMI) or CCM with the Construction Management Association of American (CMAA) desired.
- Registration as a U.S. Registered Architect (RA) or Professional Engineer (PE) desired.
The ideal Cost Engineer will have experience in:
- Analyzing and estimating extensive architectural/engineering alterations and modifications to existing facilities and new facilities.
- Analysis of designs. drawings, proposals, scopes of work, and/or specifications to determine cost projections: and developing comprehension budget cost estimates for complex construction assemblies and building systems composites for all facility project types, ranging from multi- family housing facilities to very complex industrial and operational facilities.
- Development of detailed cost estimates for project under construction either Design- Build or Design-Bid-Build.
- Knowledge of construction task-based scheduling. productivity rates, and development of crews and task durations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost estimates, scheduling. and other required services in applying risk analysis concepts and their application cost and schedule risk analysis.
- Performing Quality Control and Quality Assurance and reviews of complex cost estimates
- Experience with the use of Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, cost engineering software and other systems and software used by the program.
- Experience in the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM), specifically Revit is desirable.
- Professional knowledge of cost engineering concepts, theories, principles, practices, and techniques necessary to plan, design, construct maintain a wide range of shore-based engineering projects.
- Construction Management
- Professional Engineer
- Contract Management
- Physical Education (Pe)