JOB TITLE: PLANT MANAGER – CLAREMORE, OK
COMPANY: THE READING TRUCK GROUP
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
LOCATION: RTB – Claremore, OK
The Plant Manager will have accountability for manufacturing operations, maintenance, safety, quality and scheduling to ensure customer demand is met in a safe and efficient manner. The primary focus of the Plant Manager will be to lead the team in the implementation of repeatable processes and correlating KPI’s.
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
• Accountable for manufacturing operations, maintenance, safety, quality and scheduling to ensure customer demand is met in a safe and efficient manner
• Be the clear leader on the manufacturing floor by being hands-on and visible
• Lead the Reading Truck Body team in the implementation of repeatable processes and correlating KPI’s, to encourage employees as well as provide leading and lagging indicators to performance
• Responsible for implementing action plans, follow up programs and metrics
• Identify and implement needed management practices and processes
• BS required (preferably in a technical field)
• Prior Senior leadership over a discrete manufacturing process with high level of sku’s; first time plant managers will not be considered
• Multi-year top level accountability in a complex manufacturing job shop (make to order) combined with make to stock environment where product flow and scheduling to customer demand are critical drivers
• Extensive experience leading a heavy manufacturing operation with a combination of high volume/low mix and low volume/high mix processes and scheduling
• Prior success in a turnaround or leading a manufacturing organization with an established workforce through a significant cultural change is required
• Demonstrated success in assessing skills and competencies of their key leaders
• End to end implementation of a management system driven by repeatable and sustainable processes and procedures consistent with the Toyota Production system, Alcoa Business System, Standard Work, etc.
• Automotive industry experience preferred by not required
• An applied knowledge of advanced continuous improvement tools and methodologies (beyond 5s, and Kanban boards etc.)
• Strong Mechanical Aptitude
• Cost management skills & the ability to evaluate capital needs including financial justifications and analysis
• Prior experience with talent assessment
• Mastery of Microsoft Office products, Visio and/or Microsoft Project
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
• Work occurs primarily on the production floor
COMMENTS: The Reading Group, LLC (TRG) does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Continuous Improvement Process