To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Trenton, NJ 08638
- Karen Pereira
- Phone: 732-243-0177
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
System One • Trenton, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
General Description: Responsible for the overall accuracy and management of as is plate at the Trenton NJ facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining an organized inventory yard and warehouse by grade, gauge, etc., as determined by corporate inventory control department, SOP, and QC manual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure accurate inventories and cycle counts are conducted on all material in a timely basis; coordinate and assist in inventory counts and audits as needed.
- Notify management of excess inventory conditions and materials requiring inordinately long lead times.
- Notify management of missing inventory for review and action.
- Ensure COMPLETE and ACCURATE documentation of all materials consumed and proper accounting of all finished product produced.
- Assist, when necessary, with the unloading and loading of trucks and railcars and ensure material is stored in assigned inventory location
- Inspect and receive all incoming inventory material, including assigning of storage tag and location. Fill out and return paperwork in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any questionable material received is immediately segregated and identified prior to being released for use and all claim material is returned to source in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable procedures such as communication with purchasing and accounting departments.
- Operate crane or fork lift to move raw material in and out of inventory and into and between work centers ensuring adequate supply of raw materials is available for production needs.
- Assist with table loading as required.
- Using plate pick lists provided by the programming department, locate all required material. Dig out and transfer all necessary material to specified locations for value added orders.
- Evaluate non-steel material requirements, including but not limited to, paint, hardware, miscellaneous materials, and ensure an adequate supply is available in a timely manner. Request purchase requisitions as needed.
- Report equipment malfunctions to appropriate individuals, and perform minor repairs as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills, phone manners and the ability to work with others
- Basic reading and mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Dexterity skills and Balance
- Repetitive lifting up to 75 pounds
- Ability to lift (with hands and arms), bend, stoop, squat, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience operating overhead crane and forklift required
- Familiarity with all company forms, documents, reports related to your job function, including but not limited to forms and reports related to inventory, logistics, and production/operations departments
- Maintain neat and accurate written documentation as required
- Communicate all pertinent job related information to supervisor/manager on a daily basis
- Forward-thinking while learning from errors, with focus on quality and customer service, solutions and continual improvements
- Focus on efficiencies and time- and labor-saving steps; cost reduction; increased profitability
- Conduct job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Abide by all safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Promptly report any accidents, incidents, near misses or hazardous conditions to your supervisor
- Performs all duties as assigned