EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
- Primary responsibility is to perform vehicle troubleshooting, repair and maintenance work on chassis and track mounted aerials, digger derricks, cranes, high rail and other equipment, in accordance with dealer and factory standards, either at the service center or in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Reports to Service Manager, who will provide brief description of issues and supporting information related to the vehicle.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and repair orders/instructions to perform required maintenance and service. (Must have the ability to utilize laptop, etc. to be able to access needed information and perform diagnostic tests.)
- Performs work as outlined in work instructions set forth by Service Manager; efficiently, accurately, and in accordance to Custom Truck One Source standards.
- Inspects and services vehicles and makes repairs and adjustments both at the service center and in the field.
- Verify work performed, road test vehicles as necessary.
- Prepare inspection reports, repair orders (recording service time and parts costs) and time cards completely and accurately.
- Tag all warranty and core parts for return.
- Advises management immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Attends company safety training and follows all safety requirements.
- Attend company and factory -sponsored training classes.
- Keeps work area and service vehicles neat and clean and be able to account for all CTOS tools when in use.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Communicate easily with customers and internal departments to ensure minimal equipment down time.
- Flexibility to travel beyond the area of coverage, based on business need.
- Work closely with Service Manager to grow and improve customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or GED • Five plus years direct experience as a truck or construction machinery mechanic or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates a knowledge in chassis, track, digger derrick, crane and high rail equipment repair.
- Two plus years of related automotive or vocational truck operation and maintenance experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time. • CDL Class A license or ability to obtain one as a condition of hire.
- Two year technical degree in automotive or diesel mechanics
- Strong communication skills
- Proven commitment to safety
Competencies Required: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- This position requires a CDL Class A license be obtained as a condition of hire and clean driving record maintained to remain insurable. Must also obtain an appropriate Custom Truck One Source license before operating a fork truck.
- Extensive knowledge of the servicing of both the front end (chassis) and the back end of vocational trucks (lifts, booms, diggers, cranes, etc). Significant mechanical skills repairing and maintaining heavy trucks and heavy equipment, with considerable knowledge of methods, material, tools and techniques used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance. Skills in the use of power and hand tools, use of diagnostic equipment, acetylene and electric arc welding, and the operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work. Ability to drive and operate a variety of equipment under varying conditions. Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Acceptable written and oral communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must also possess the ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization. Frequent contact with customers requiring courtesy, discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer service focus with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Must have initiative and the ability to act and to operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives. Must possess a strong desire to learn.
- Can do customer service mentality with appropriate sense of urgency regarding customer needs.
- Problem Solving – Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to regularly work in outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspire the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.