The SVP/Business Banking Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the Deer Valley location Business Banking team, and for forging a solid partnership with business partners to optimize growth opportunities in accordance with the vision, core values, and business plan. This position is accountable for maximizing the growth and profitability of the location through the development and management of a sales and service plan to deliver commercial banking solutions that address the customer needs, and for increasing net income performance with a focus on quality, service, production and retention, consistent with the bank’s risk profile. The SVP/Business Banking Manager maintains strong community ties and is well-known as a community advocate. This position leads a high performance culture by creating a work environment that supports engagement, innovation, creativity, and teamwork, consistent with the organization’s vision, core values, and team guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the team and location’s profitability by establishing and carrying out the business plan for the market, consistent with the organization’s vision, core values, and strategic plan; actively communicate and model company philosophy to customers and team
- Establish, build, and maintain a business banking portfolio, including treasury management and merchant processing products and services for small business clientele; identify prospects and customer loan/deposit opportunities that meet the bank’s risk profile; actively analyze risk and monitory quality of the business loan portfolio.
- Conduct market analysis and develop new business opportunities, relationships, and product ideas to meet customer needs
- Ensure a high level of coordination with the retail banking division for a superior customer experience
- Ensure compliance with bank policies and procedures in accordance to local, national and federal rules and regulations
- Establish and ensure high quality customer care services; resolve escalated customer and team issues
- Assist and support in designing bank's products, services, and marketing strategy
- Monitor the location’s performance, anticipate problems and adjust strategy to protect investments; provide periodic reports to management; assist in budget preparation; coordinate the collection of past due business loans; coordinate workflow across the business banking, credit, processing, and administration functions for the market
- Coach and mentor the location business banking team, including officers and assistant, including setting of performance goals, monitoring progress, and coaching.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred. 7+ years of experience in business banking with 3+ years in a management position, leading a team.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship for visa status. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.