To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, Alabama, AL 35209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Part-Time Administrator, Operations
National Multiple Sclerosis Society • Birmingham, Alabama, AL
Posted 1 month ago
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Mail and Revenue Processing -- Execute mail processes and ensure that processing policies are adhered to; provide support and implement process improvements to ensure compliance and successful implementation within the market.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and run tape of all checks/cash received according to Society policies and procedures
- Complete virtual remit check deposits and upload batch documents to Sharepoint Deposit Workflow system within 24 hours;ensure cash deposits are made in a timely manner and compliant with Society controls and policies
- Monitor completion status, facilitate money moves, and conduct data corrections as necessary
Support Centralized Accounting and Finance - Act as market liaison to ensure Accounts Payable Receivable functions are compliant with Society controls and adequately covered
- Work with A/P to support appropriate use of eProcurement to ensure payables and recurring obligations, are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with A/P and A/R to resolve market payable and receivable inquiries/issues
- Complete month-end and year end reporting as required
- Support and coordinate matching gifts process, including verifying donations and enter off-line matching gifts in Luminate where necessary
Event Registration and Cash Count Management -- This role will ensure appropriate staff and volunteers are available and trained to execute Society practices and policies to enhance constituent experience and ensure data integrity
- Act as staff lead for "day of" event registration and donations in various locations or identify designee; prepare day-of event registration materials as needed
- Partner with Development staff to ensure events are set up and managed with adequate staffing and volunteers and controls are in place for registrationand cash management
- Prepare required secure recepticals and mailers for event donations
- Process all "day of" event donations according to Society policies and defined lockbox protocols
- Ensure credit card payments (offline and mobile pay) are processed according to Society policies
- Provide general support with various market administrative tasks such as, general event support, returning phone calls, and running data reports; as requested and where feasible
- Support market leads in board meeting set up and management, including minutes preparation and GoToMeeting support as requrested
- Assist with donor data entry; money moves and resolution of donor data issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide accurate annual (and as requested) property insurance updates as part of the renewal process
- Assist other markets with administrative and financial functions as requested
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Process and track first class and bulk mail and Business Reply Mail; ensure supplies are on hand
- Maintain and secure all administrative files including documents pertaining to incorporation, license, tax, historical and other key market business files according to Society policies
- Ensure Society contract compliance according to current policies
- Maintain list of marketmarket assets and monitor health of office equipment; contact appropriate vendors as needed
- Follow Society document retention policy and ensure applicable documents are secured and/or destroyed per the policy and schedule
- Support the Society's Disaster Recovery/Business Contnuity Plan
- Respond to landlord inquiries and facility issues in a timely manner
- Assist hiring managers with employee onboarding and off-boarding, including set up of workstations, building access and parking, and managing I9 processes
- Assist Human Resources with posting federal and state posters
- Alert HR to employment related inquiries such as unemployment, references, employment verification, etc.)
- Complete all incident reporting as required by Society policy
- In partnership with volunteer engagement staff, recruit, train and develop a team of general office and event registration support volunteers to accomplish event and administrative tasks; ensure background checks are performed as required
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions
- Associate Degree preferably in Office Administration, HR, Accounting or other business function
- Two additional years of relevant experience in lieu of an Associate's degree
- Minimum of three years office experience including AP/AR, HR, and executive support.
- Mailroom/supply experience preferred
- Shipping and receiving experience helpful
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Skills in accurate data entry and preparation of spreadsheets on a PC
- Able to stay focused on deadlines while multi-tasking
- Flexibility in prioritizing duties
- Professional demeanor
- Roles requires a high degree of confidentiality
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows operating systems and MS Office 2010
- Basic understanding of PC networks
- Able to prioritize and organize workload
- Must be able to work with people that have a wide variety of personalities and abilities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Sensitivity to issues related to multiple sclerosis and people with disabilities
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- (IF APPLICABLE) This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- (IF APPLICABLE) Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc