To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Member Service Representative (Part-Time) - Cahoon Commons
Navy Federal Credit Union • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide members and prospective members the full range of products and services offered by Navy Federal Credit Union including depository accounts such as checking, savings, certificate IRA, revocable trust and estate accounts; lending products; and credit/debit cards.
• Candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be sent a required online assessment to the email address listed in the application.
• Analyze, research and resolve problems and discrepancies related to member accounts/loans
• Assist members with submitting consumer/mortgage/equity loan, overdraft protection and credit card applications
• Counsel current and prospective members about Navy Federal's products and services
• Ensure cash and other negotiable instruments are handled properly
• Identify opportunities to cross service products and increase product penetration
• Perform platform banking functions
• Understand and comply with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services
• May assist with Branch Office vault opening, closing and balancing procedures
• May serve as a Branch Office and/or ATM vault custodian
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Familiarity with savings and checking products, accounts and services
• Basic active listening skills to accurately respond to inquiries and account requests
• Basic organizational, planning and time management skills
• Basic research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Basic skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
• Basic skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Basic skill maintaining composure in a high production and changing environment
• Basic skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Basic skill performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
• Basic verbal and written communication skills
• Desired - Exposure to member/customer service preferably in a call center, retail banking or financial institution
• Desired - Exposure to working in a credit union environment
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Location: 508 Bud Drive, Chesapeake, VA 23322
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability