Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for leading the manufacturing, supply chain and quality operations efforts for the plant. This position will be responsible for driving continual process and product improvement throughout the organization and ensuring product integrity. The Senior Director of Operations is a member of the Senior Leadership team and is the key point of contact with customers regarding operational requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Direct and manage all Operations functions including: Quality, Fabrication, Assembly, Facilities/Maintenance, Purchasing, Planning, Warehouse and Logistics.
- Collaborate closely with support functions including: HR, Finance, EH&S, Customer Service/Contracts, Design Engineering, CI and R&D.
- Provide advice and counsel on operational issues to President and Senior Staff.
- Lead and execute continuous improvement to reduce cost, improve competiveness relative to cycle times and improve quality
- Lead operations team and directs organizational development and training requirements for a high-performance work team
- Control and improve operational costs both direct and indirect
- Direct improvements for WIP inventory levels to drive competitive business position for future business
- Lead the development of global partners to improve costs and/or business capabilities
- Ensure Operations department procedures and employee behaviors are compliant with all governing federal, state, local and corporate regulations.
- Champion and support the Meggitt Production System (MPS) including Policy Deployment, Lean Transformation, Strategic Sourcing, TPS and Continuous Improvement Philosophy with hands-on involvement and reinforcement. Drive and support implementation of the MPS.
- Drive and instill a culture that embraces quality and safety in everything we do.
- Determine annual Operations Capital budget. Review each expenditure request for accuracy, relevance and ROI.
- Establish and oversee SIOP process – assure effective integration between sales and operations for effective planning and execution.
- Manage the majority of company direct and indirect headcount resources to include hiring, firing, performance review and employee development to meet production output and gross margin goals.
- Provide mentoring and training to subordinates.
- Act as one of the primary points of contact with Bargaining Unit. Process and negotiate disputes and grievances. Responsible for setting the tone and maintaining a productive relationship with the Bargaining Unit.
- Translate and support Meggitt global manufacturing strategies. Maximize existing facility footprint using innovation/technology and by otherwise leveraging the enterprise.
- Establish appropriate Operations goals within the context of the Meggitt strategy and ensures attainment of these to support top level objectives.
- Ensure that performance metrics are posted and displayed, assessments are conducted, and visual management systems are maintained.
- Direct participation in Tier 1 customer initiatives, readiness assessments, and other partnership activities.
- Maintains and applies a broad understanding of financial management principals related to cash flow and working capital to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering discipline, manufacturing or technical field
15+ years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibilities including supervision and management experience.
Ability to drive relentless root cause analyses
Six Sigma and/or Lean Certified
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience in a high mix, high volume aerospace operation
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and disciplines
- Strong knowledge of/experience with manufacturing support functions such as Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities, Materials
- Strong business acumen and customer interaction experience
- Strong employee relations experience (experience in a union environment preferred)
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong leadership skills - effective in motivating and directing a team for positive results
- Strong knowledge of ERP (SAP) and automated scheduling systems
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.